Being a celebrity means that you are always in the limelight. Escaping from the intrusive stares of fans and cameras of paparazzi can be quite hard.
It is definitely not all rainbows and butterflies. When they make a mistake, the whole world gets to know and judge!
Here are some celebrities that have been to jail!
P.S. You will be rather surprised!
1. Meera was caught and jailed for having two passports at an airport. Her excuse? She thought she had misplaced her older passport and was issued a new one. She even tried to marry two men at the same time!
2. Ayyan Ali’s case doesn’t need any introduction. The supermodel was arrested for money-laundering when she was caught carrying $500,000 USD at Benazir International Airport.
3. Atiqa Odho was arrested and sent to jail for carrying alcohol in her purse on a flight. She was set free shortly after.
4. Ali Saleem aka Begum Nawazish Ali’s social persona is nothing like his personal life. He was imprisoned for brutally beating up his own mother.
5. You might not remember him but Asad Malik was once a popular TV actor. It is said that he killed two people with an automatic gun when he open fired at a bus. He was sentenced to prison for a number of years.
6. Moin Khan’s wife had him arrested over claim of domestic violence. According to her, he was drunk and assaulted her.
7. Umar Akmal was sent to jail for breaking traffic rules and physically abusing the traffic warden.
8. Nasir Jamshed landed in trouble when he got caught cheating in an exam! Oops.
9. Pakistan’s favourite batsman, Ijaz Ahmad, went behind bars for forging a cheque of Rs. 1 crore!
10. Salman Butt, Mohammad Amir and Mohammad Asif made the headlines when they were arrested over cricket spot-fixing scandal in 2010. They spent several months in prison.
11. In 1993, Wasim Akram, Waqar Younis, Mushtaq Ahmed and Aqib Javed were caught with alcohol, drugs and escorts in Grenada, West Indies. They were apprehended and jailed for a night.
Which celebrity arrest surprised you the most?