The National Assembly Standing Committee on Information Technology and Telecommunication has approved budgetary proposals for 15 projects worth Rs 9.8 billion under the Public Sector Development Program (PSDP) for the fiscal year 2018-19.
The committee met with Capt. (Retd) Muhammad Safdar in the chair and discussed budgetary proposals for the financial year 2018-19.
The Ministry of Information Technology and Telecommunication proposed a total layout of Rs 9.787 billion under the Public Sector Development Program (PSDP) for the fiscal year 2018-19 against Rs 1.538 billion earmarked for the current financial year.
The PSDP project proposals, for fiscal year 2018-19 for the Ministry of Information Technology and its attached departments, have been prepared and submitted to the Standing Committee of National Assembly for Information Technology for consideration and recommendations. It is a constitutional requirement to present the proposed PSDP projects before the standing committee by end of January for discussion and should be passed by the end of March.
The total proposed layout of PSDP for fiscal year 2018-19 amounts to Rs 9.787 billion against 15 schemes relating to IT & Telecom Sectors including 6 ongoing and 9 new projects.
The new schemes include:
- Implementation of PECA 2016 and S.R.O 904 (I) 2017 for DIRBS (AJ&K and GB-SCO) with proposed allocation of Rs 210 million,
- Broadband internet services expansion with Rs 740 million (Rs 288 million for 2018-19) in AJ&K and GB all areas (SCO),
- Replacement of 15 year old/redundant outside plant in AJ&K (SCO) with Rs 59 million,
- Replacement of 15 year old/redundant outside plant in GB (SCO) with Rs 59 million,
- Digital transformation cell (MoITT) with proposed allocation of Rs 20 million,
- Business continuity management (PSEB) with Rs 30 million,
- Establishment of QA Lab for software products in PSEB with Rs 36 million,
- Purchase of land for establishment of technology parks in Lahore, Quetta, Peshawar and GB (PSEB) with Rs 5 million (2018-19)
- Smart office (NITB) with Rs 55 million.
After getting the approval from standing committee, the proposed PSDP projects will be presented before the Finance and Ministry of Planning Commission, Development and Reforms.